A green, sustainable workplace
This short course, aimed at employees across a broad range of workplaces, provides you with practical advice on how to go beyond compliance with environmental law and reduce the negative impact of work activities on the environment. Explore the benefits to the organisation of environmentally-friendly work practices, and looks at how to engage staff in green issues.
- You will understand the legal and ethical obligations upon an organisation to manage the impact of your work activities on the environment
- You will understand the impact of waste on the environment
- You will learn about the impact of legislation
- You will become aware of the specialist advice, guidance, and support available to reduce negative impacts on the environment
Advantages of this course
- Every organisation, no matter what the industry or specific nature of their work activities, has a legal and ethical obligation to manage the impact of those activities on the environment. A manager can take direct action to influence this impact, and advocate for environmental sustainability from within. Compliance with the law is the minimum requirement, but an innovative and ethical organisation will take extra measures to reduce their impact and, in many cases, find new, more efficient ways of working. This can lead to an increase in positive public perception, reputation, and profitability as a result.
- This course draws together teaching and legislation on developing a sustainable workplace. It also brings together a list of sources of specialist advice on environmentally friendly practices.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extended reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages you to reflect on your learning
You may also be interested in our short course: CSR and sustainability
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.