A magical place to learn
This course, aimed at childcare practitioners working with young children, looks at creating a themed indoor environment that gives children the opportunity to explore and learn both independently and with adult guidance. ‘A magical place to learn’ takes a fairy tale theme as the starting point for a variety of exciting activities and experiences.
Young children are naturally curious and want to explore and learn. If a childcare practitioner creates an environment that is richly resourced with activities, children will learn naturally from all that is around them. It is the practitioner’s skill in creating the environment that is important, and then providing the appropriate support for each child so they get the most from the activities. Wherever possible, children should be fully involved in creating their own place to learn and contribute their ideas and artwork.
This course will guide you through the process of creating a themed indoor environment, using fairy tales as an example. Upon completion of the course, practitioners will have the tools, confidence, and enthusiasm to bring their ideas to life.
Aim of the course
To increase your knowledge and understanding of the many areas of learning that can be created within the child’s indoor environment, and to maximise the opportunities for learning by purposefully planning each area, involving children in the choices made.
Objective of the course
You will be able to create a more interesting and exciting indoor environment that will allow children to explore and learn.
- Filmed tutorials, planning resources and tools, presentation, and good practice example videos – all video content is original and has been created for this course by Laser Learning
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
You may also be interested in our short course: The irresistible classroom
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.