This short course is aimed at individuals in a position of responsibility who are responsible for performance appraisals. This course looks at a key part of performance management – appraisal skills. The course looks at different appraisal methods and the benefits to staff and an organisation of effective appraisals, it also gives guidance on conducting a performance appraisal.
- You will understand the purpose of appraisals
- You will understand how an appraisal should be carried out
- You will learn about the different appraisal methods
- You will learn about the benefits of appraisals
Advantages of this course
- Appraisals are a management tool used to identify and evaluate employee performance and progress at work. It also allows management to find out how effective it has been when employing staff by evaluating performance in terms of the requirements of the organisation. In this context, they are often known as performance appraisals.
- There are two main reasons for appraisals: one is to evaluate performance and the other is to feedback and find solutions, as appropriate. There is often a lot of apprehension prior to an appraisal, this can be on the part of the appraisee and the appraiser.
- This course aims looks at traditional methods of performance appraisals, their purpose, how to set appraisal objectives, and some of the mistakes that can be made in appraisals
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extended reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages you to reflect on your learning
You may also be interested in our short course: Personal and professional development
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.