This course, aimed at anyone supporting someone with Asperger syndrome, looks at the effect of the syndrome on the individual. It introduces you to the areas that a person with Asperger syndrome might struggle with, and provides resources to help understand how they interact with and interpret the world around them.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the syndrome, or supports a child or young person with Asperger syndrome.
- You will learn about the ‘triad of impairments’ that cover the three main areas an individual with the syndrome may struggle with
- You will understand how Asperger syndrome affects individuals from all nationalities, religions, cultures, and social backgrounds
- You will understand the importance of being aware of the different ways that an individual will interact with and interpret the world around them
Advantages of this course
- As the syndrome is a hidden disability, and is often slow to be diagnosed, knowing how it impacts on an individual is invaluable knowledge
- There is no specific treatment or cure but this doesn't mean that you can't help someone with Asperger's. There are therapies, approaches, and interventions that can improve quality of life and this course will outline some of them.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on our learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.