Child development: 0-19 years
Every child or young person is an individual and will develop skills in their own way, and in their own time. However, we can say it’s normal to develop a certain skill within a given time span and these are known as ‘developmental norms’. Consider the stages of development from birth to 19 years, as well as the influences upon a child’s life that could affect their ability to develop according to expected norms. This short course is suitable for childcare practitioners, educators, and those supporting children and young people.
- You will learn that children’s development begins from the moment of conception
- You will learn that family influence is usually the most significant factor affecting development. You will understand the importance of forming a good relationship with parents and carers – working in partnership with them.
- You will be able to recognise when a child is falling behind their peers or reaching milestones sooner than expected
Advantages of this course
- Each area of childhood development is important, and we must understand these areas in order to offer children and young people appropriate learning experiences and levels of support. This course clearly outlines ages and stages of development.
- A child or young person with a disability may develop at a different rate or sequence to ‘the norm’. The presentation section of this lesson explains the common effects of particular disabilities on development.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
You may also be interested in our short course: Child development: 0-5 years
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.