Conflict management for managers
This short course is aimed at individuals in a position of responsibility who will need to identify, manage, and resolve conflict in teams as a part of their role. Take an in-depth look at managing conflict at work, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
This course is aimed at professionals who have responsibility for managing people, leading a team, or human resources.
- You will understand that conflict management is a vital skill for a manager or leader
- You will understand the role that negotiation plays in conflict management
- You will learn about the different methods of conflict management
- You will learn how potential conflict can arise through different models of leadership and management
Advantages of this course
- Conflict is a normal part of everyday life and can occur in all relationships, but it does not necessarily mean having a stand-up, shouting argument. The purpose of this course is to support you in managing conflict within the workplace; however, the skills and knowledge are relevant in any conflict situation.
- Conflict management is a vital skill for any effective manager or leader. It is better to deal with potential conflict as soon as you become aware of it, or when someone brings it to your attention. If left unresolved, the situation may become inflamed as past issues are likely to be brought up. This, in turn, can lead to a decrease in productivity, frustration, stress, low morale, and possibly even staff leaving.
- When applying the different models of leadership and management, there are many areas of potential conflict
- This course looks at conflict management from the point of view of the manager or leader in a group or organisation. It includes the issues that can arise and their causes, the role that negotiation plays, and offers information from the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice video
- There is suggested extended reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages you to reflect on your learning
You may also be interested in our short course: An introduction to conflict management
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.