Creating a home learning environment
Explore ideas and recommendations for creating an enabling home learning environment, holistic activities for the home and garden, socialising home-schooled children, and planning your day. This course suggests online resources and tools to aid learning in the home, and aims to reassure parents who are having to create a home learning environment for the first time; supporting them on the transition from conventional schooling.
- You will understand how to plan for home learning, and be given some good examples of activities and learning opportunities that can be tried indoors and outdoors
- You will know the law and guidance around home education in the UK
- You will be able to keep your child safe online when learning and socialising
- You will know how to create a structured, but flexible, learning environment, and how to use some common behaviour management techniques
Advantages of this course
- The home needs to be a place where it’s natural and easy to join in, have a go, share thoughts and ideas, be curious, and experiment. It’s likely that you encourage your children to do this at home anyway, so the transition to home schooling won’t be as big of a change as some people worry that it will be. This course aims to reassure parents and carers who are having to create a home learning environment for the first time, and supports them on this transition from conventional schooling.
- This course has a wealth of online resources and tools that parents and carers can use with their child, or direct them to use themselves if age and stage appropriate. The course also suggests Maths and English activities for the family to try at home or whilst running errands, and how to bring the outside in when children are not able to go outside as much as they would like to.
- In the Activity section of the lesson, you will be asked to create a mood board for your child's interests and hobbies, and plan learning activities that cover different developmental areas.
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites and YouTube channels to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.