Customer service skills
This short course is perfect for staff in a customer facing role, or those preparing for a job in customer service. Understand customer needs, wants, and expectations, and the different types of customers you might encounter. Read about relevant policies, procedures, and legal and ethical requirements. Learn the essentials for delivering great customer service face-to-face, on the phone, over email, and through social media and live chat.
- The learner will understand how legislation, such as the Data Protection Act and the Equality Act, relates to a customer service role
- The learner will know how to meet customer needs and be given tips for exceeding expectations
- The learner will understand the importance of delivering on promises to the customer, and will know not to over-promise or making decisions outside of the limits of their authority
- The learner will learn about the communication and negotiation skills often needed in customer service
Advantages of this course
- The service offer is the extent and limits of the customer service that an organisation is offering. This may vary from organisation to organisation, and also from product to product. Often, customers will ask about the features or benefits of a product, or request additional features, and it is essential that you have the knowledge to answer them, or know how to seek information and obtain help if you are unsure. This course will give you the confidence to handle customer questions and requests, and know what to say when you don’t have the answer to hand or the authority to handle the request.
- This course also gives guidance on customer interactions through social media platforms or a live chat function
- Websites and video resources are utilised to explain how to deliver great customer service to all customers – internal and external
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
You may also be interested in our short course: Customer service: Problems and complaints
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.