Developing children's numeracy skills
Helping children develop the skills necessary to support mathematical learning, problem-solving, and relating numeracy to everyday life is a crucial part of being an educator. Understand the importance of numeracy skills to future achievement and self-esteem. Learn techniques that demonstrate the relevance of numeracy to daily life, classroom strategies to develop numeracy skills, and tasks and activities you can use with the children you support.
- You will know the early learning goals and aims of the national curriculum as it relates to numeracy, and be asked to consider how the children you support are achieving against this
- You will understand the importance of numeracy skills for the digital age, self-esteem, and employability
- You will learn about intervention strategies, differentiation, scaffolding learning, and involving families in developing numeracy skills
Advantages of this course
- Children can sometimes question why numeracy skills are important, but good quality teaching provides the answer by using techniques that show the relevancy of numeracy to their daily lives, the world around them, and their future careers. This course provides a wealth of resources and ideas about how to explain the relevance of numeracy to real-life situations.
- You will explore a number of resources for primary and secondary school teachers, and educators who are looking to implement numeracy across the curriculum
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.