Developing self-esteem in young children
This short course, aimed at those working in an early years setting, explores answers to the following questions: What is self-esteem, why is it so crucial to children’s development, and how can you contribute? This course outlines the characteristics of a child with healthy self-esteem and compares this to characteristics of children with low or poor self-esteem. You will learn what you can do to support the development of children’s healthy self-esteem.
- You will gain an understanding of the value of healthy self-esteem to a child’s life, and how this is crucial to their personal, social, and emotional development
- You will learn to work in partnership with parents and carers to build a child’s self-esteem
- You will learn how to encourage children’s positive self-esteem, use praise carefully, and add in elements of choice during activities
Advantages of this course
- Self-esteem is an important part of personal, social, and emotional development and in the early years, a confident child will be more willing to communicate their likes, dislikes, needs, and feelings to an early years practitioner
- You will explore a number of key interventions and activities that can boost a child’s self-esteem
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.