Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD), also known as Dyspraxia, is a lifelong condition affecting movement coordinating. It's a common motor disorder, with approx. 5% of children in the UK having some degree of dyspraxia, and it often isn't diagnosed until adulthood. Learn about the disorder, symptoms and early identification, the assessment process, and how to support dyspraxics in a learning environment.
- Understand how the disorder affects learning and the connection between dyspraxia and other Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD)
- Know the symptoms of dyspraxia in pre-school children, school-aged children, young people, and adults Understand what to do if you think a learner is showing signs of dyspraxia, and the identification and assessment process
- Gain an insight into living with dyspraxia and classroom strategies to use to help children overcome problems associated with the disorder
Advantages of this course
- Dyspraxia is a lifelong condition and it has implications for all aspects of daily life. Those with dyspraxia have organisational difficulties throughout daily life, but they can build on strategies to overcome some of the difficulties. This course suggests changes that could help dyspraxics overcome some of the difficulties of daily life.
- It is never too late to get a diagnosis and receive support for a child, young person, or even yourself. This course includes resources and organisations that can help with getting a diagnosis at any age.
- Additional activities, resources, websites, and videos encourage you to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.