EAL in the early years
This course covers early language acquisition, and how early years practitioners can support children learning English as an Additional Language (EAL). Explore the stages of learning for children with EAL, approaches and strategies for young learners, common communication challenges, and how to respect and encourage home language.
This course is suitable for practitioners working with babies and young children. For practitioners working with older children at school, the course 'English as an Additional Language (EAL) in the Teaching section will be more suitable.
- You will know the stages of language acquisition, and the expected pattern of language development in the early years
- You will know what approaches and strategies work well with children learning EAL
- You will be able to respond appropriately to 'code switching' and understand the importance of learning a bit about a child's home language
Advantages of this course
- In this multi-cultural society we live in, you’re likely to have children at your early years setting who are bilingual or multilingual and have English as an Additional Language (EAL). You need to know how this will affect their speech, language, and communication development and how best to support these children and include them in life at the setting.
- In order to know how to support children with EAL, we have to understand early language acquisition. This course will cover language acquisition in the first year of a child's life in the tutorial, and the reading section provides information on how children learn languages and the stages of learning for children with EAL.
- This course will help you to understand good EAL practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage, and how to support children with EAL and their families.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.