English as an Additional Language (EAL)
There are over one million learners in UK schools who speak English as an Additional Language (British Council) and students speak over 350 languages between them (NALDIC). It’s very likely you will have EAL learners in your classroom and you must be able to support, encourage, and include them in ways that meet their individual needs. Learn the main principles of EAL teaching, and approaches and strategies for EAL learners.
- You will understand the barriers and challenges faced by a child who moves to the UK with EAL
- You will know the benefits of being bilingual or multilingual and the positive effect on cognitive development
- You will understand the current government policy and guidance on EAL
- You will consider differentiating between bilingual pupils who have English language development needs and those who have Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Advantages of this course
- This course suggests approaches and strategies for EAL learners, such as barrier games, scaffolding, and modelling
- You will read about innovations in English language teaching for migrants and refugees and know where to find high-quality classroom resources for children, teenagers, and adults
- In the Activity section of the lesson, you will be asked to think about the EAL learners in your school and how responsibility for these learners is organised by school leaders
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.