Equality and diversity
Equality, diversity and inclusion are not just words. They are also ways of thinking and acting that welcome and celebrate difference. These principles should underpin all aspects of every organisation and every work role.
This short course looks at the key terms of equality, diversity, inclusion, and discrimination, and how they affect everybody. It discusses equality legislation, explains ‘protected characteristics’, and the impact of workplace discrimination.
- You will learn what the key words ‘equality’, ‘diversity’, ‘participation’, ‘inclusion’, and ‘discrimination’ mean
- You will be introduced to the Equality Act 2010 and the protected characteristics
- You will become aware of the benefits of a diverse workplace
Advantages of this course
- This course offers information to all individuals who have to interact with others in their day-to-day life
- It is important to be aware of the legislation for equality and discrimination
- The course includes an introduction to the Human Rights Act 1998 covering fundamental rights and freedoms
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the risks further
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.