First time leadership in a childcare setting
In this course, explore the difference between leading and managing. Consider the ways in which you can adapt from being a friend to a line manager. Gain an understanding of the art of negotiation and look at your values and beliefs and how this affects your actions. Finally, explore your ability to manage time effectively.
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course but should be working as a member of a childcare setting team.
- You will learn about the diffences between leading and managing
- You will learn ways in which you can negotiate with your team to achieve a win-win situation
- You will learn about key skills associated with time management and get an opportunity to reflect on how you perform in this area
- You will learn how a good leader can keep a sense of balance and evaluate the reasons for challenging circumstance
Advantages of this course
- Becoming a leader of a group of people for the first time means a number of changes, and this course offers information on how attitudes and behaviours may need to be altered in order to be an effective, efficient leader
- This course introduces the problems of leading a group you were previously part of, the need to learn negotiation and time management skills, and the issues of dealing with stress
- As a first time leader it is important to reflect on relationships and how they will change, and how personal values and beliefs will appear to others
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.