This short course is aimed at care home staff. Everyone has a right to complain, it may sometimes feel unfair, but it’s important to put yourself in the shoes of the resident or relative who is unhappy. Even in the best care homes, things go wrong and people need to feel like they can complain about poor practice so improvements can be made. Learn about different types of complaints, why people complain, and the complaints process.
- The learner will gain an understanding of what prompts people to complain and when a complaint is urgent or less urgent
- The learner will know how what to do if someone complains about them
- The learner will understand what the CQC expects care homes and workers to do when a complaint is made
Advantages of this course
- Complainants want to have their complaint taken seriously and investigated fairly and openly. They also want to know the findings of the investigation and an explanation of what action the care home will take. Often, all a complainant wants is a genuine apology and reassurance it will not happen again. This course considers how to handle complaints and what the experience is like for the person making it.
- Surveys show some older people in care homes and many relatives are afraid to complain in case staff react badly. This course outlines the importance of encouraging complaints and taking them seriously.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explore the dementia journey in more detail
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: Inspections, ratings, and the CQC
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.