Handling problems and complaints
This short course is aimed at customer facing staff, who are responsible for resolving customer problems and handling complaints. Learn about the different types of problems a customer will come to you with and reasons why customers complain. Understand appropriate responses and how to turn a negative situation into a positive one. Know how consumer rights affect problem-solving and complaint handling and feel confident in your ability to resolve issues in line with current legislation and ethical requirements.
- The learner will know how and when to offer a refund, repair, or replacement
- The learner will understand the difference between problems and complaints, and service offer and service delivery
- The learner will be encouraged to confirm the limits of their authority with a manager, and how to ask for more authority in order to resolve issues quickly
- The learner will understand active listening and negotiation skills
Advantages of this course
- Resolving problems to the satisfaction of the customer is an intrinsic part of customer service and can reduce the likelihood of a customer making a formal complaint, leaving negative reviews, or telling friends and family not to use your organisation. This course outlines top tips for problem-solving and a simple six-step process for finding solutions to common issues.
- This course considers what to do if the problem or cause of the complaint is not the fault of the organisation. For example, a customer mistake or a change in the law.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading and good practice videos
- There is suggested extra reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge An additional activity encourages the learner to reflect on the learning
You may also be interested in our short course: Customer service: Reception
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.