Health and safety for managers
This short course looks at health and safety from the viewpoint of a manager or employer. Ultimately, it is the employer who has responsibility for the health and safety of their workforce, any visitors to the premises, and themselves. This is a big responsibility so make sure you know and understand relevant legislation and how to manage health and safety effectively in a workplace.
- In this course, you will learn that the employer has overall responsibility for health and safety in the workplace
- You will learn about the legal requirements of health and safety
- The course introduces information about risk assessments, insurance, and health and safety policies
Advantages of this course
- This course is aimed at those in a managerial role in an organisation, or the person who employees a workforce, or a person who is self-employed
- It looks at how to put in place or oversee health and safety policies and procedures, legislation for first aid at work, and how to report accidents at work, for example, and provides links to official websites
- Video resources look at some of the statistics for health and safety in the UK and about writing a risk assessment
- Additional activities encourage the learner to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
You may also be interested in our short course: Health and safety
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.