Health and safety in the early years
This course will teach you how to establish a safe and secure environment for children using risk assessments to raise everybody's awareness of potential dangers. Look at ways in which leaders maintain a healthy, safe, and secure environment for children and, in particular, look at hygiene practices. Learn how to supervise procedures for accidents, injuries, illnesses, and other emergencies.
You do not need to be working in a managerial role to complete this course, but should be working in a childcare setting.
- You will learn the skills required to support children’s health and safety
- You will learn that a key factor in protecting children from accidents and injury is to understand what the risks might be
- You will learn the importance of encouraging children to manage risk for themselves, and the impact of this on their future well-being
Advantages of this course
- All schools and Ofsted registered early years settings have to meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). One of the guiding themes of the EYFS is the importance of an ‘enabling environment’ and the safety and security of an educational space is central to this. Every child has a right to feel safe in their learning environment and this course will outline how you can ensure that they do, from planning a safe educational visit to keeping a record of accidents and injuries.
- Should a child become ill at the setting, it is imperative that staff working there can identify the common signs and symptoms of illness and take action to promote recovery. Illness and injury is covered in the first section of the course, and ways to minimise the risk of illness, such as basic hygiene, is explored in the reading section.
- As a practitioner, it is your responsibility to protect children from accidents and if an accident and/or injury does occur, respond appropriately. In this course, you will learn how to conduct a risk assessment and the actions to take if an accident does occur.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.