Infection control and prevention
This short course looks at national and local policies for infection control and how to cut down the risk of an outbreak of infection in a care setting. Learn how to use Personal Protection Equipment correctly and the importance of good personal hygiene. Know best practice in cleaning, decontamination, and waste management.
- You will be able to work in a way that minimises the spread of infection and will be able to describe best practice in infection control to others
- You will understand the importance of hand hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment, a safe and clean ‘non-touch’ technique, and the safe disposal of sharps
- You will know how to break the chain of infection
- You will understand the 3 levels of decontamination
- You will be able to dispose of healthcare waste, in line with health and safety guidelines
Advantages of this course
- In a health and social care setting, you are likely to come into contact with lots of different situations in which the spread of infection is heightened, as is the risk of being exposed to infectious diseases and illness. Infection control and prevention are, therefore, essential, and as much for your own safety as anyone else’s.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the information further
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: Causes and spread of infection
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.