Inspections, ratings, and the CQC
This short course, aimed at health and social care professionals, explores the roles and responsibilities of the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Every health and social care setting in the country must meet fundamental standards of quality and safety. The CQC monitors, regulates, and inspects settings regularly to ensure they are not falling below the required standard of care. These inspections can often happen without prior notice and whilst it is natural to feel nervous during an inspection, it is important you understand the process and feel reassured that it is for the benefit of everyone at the setting.
- Learners will understand the inspection process and the meaning behind the ratings
- Learners will be able to explain to peers or more junior staff the important role the CQC plays in ensuring the wellbeing of individuals who use health and social care services
- Learners will know what constitutes good and outstanding care and will hopefully be encouraged to think about ways to improve the rating at their own setting, or how they can maintain high standards
Advantages of this course
- Everybody has the right to receive safe, high-quality care. Should your setting be found to be falling below the fundamental standards of quality and safety, the CQC may take action against the setting. This can include issuing cautions, fines, or in some cases – prosecution. It is vitally important, therefore, for all practitioners to understand the function of the CQC, the inspection process, and rating system. This short course will help learners to do just that.
- Website and video resources are used to explain the information further
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: Infection control and prevention
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.