This short course is aimed at a health and social care professional who has responsibility for handling medicines. Learn about good practice in the systems and processes for managing medicines in care homes. Understand the benefits and risks associated with medication, and the consequences of administering medicines incorrectly or not keeping accurate records.
- The learner will consider the benefits and risks associated with medication
- The learner will understand the steps to take when administering medicines
- The learner will be directed to best practice advice and guidance on managing medicines
- The learner will know what to do when the person they support is prescribed medicine and does not wish to take it
- Some side effects of the medication will be explained to learners
Advantages of this course
- On average, older people in care homes take seven different medications on a daily basis. If you are a health and social care practitioner that supports older people then you are likely to have responsibility for managing medicines. This is a big responsibility as the consequences of administering medicines incorrectly or not keeping accurate records can be extremely serious.
- This course will fill gaps in a practitioners knowledge and in some cases, help to reassure them that they are supporting the people they care for in the best possible way
- Website and video resources are used to explore medication management in more detail
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: Care planning
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.