Explore leadership styles and gain an understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of focussing on developing the team and getting the task done. Learn more about the role of a manager and ways in which managing effectively involves helping team members to learn from their experiences. In particular, this course will look at Kolb's learning styles and how this research and the further work of Honey and Mumford enables team members to develop their skills in the workplace. You will learn how to give and receive feedback assertively and how to define non-assertive and aggressive behaviour. Finally, you will look at the skills that are required to manage change effectively.
This course is aimed at learners who are currently working in a managerial or supervisory role in a childcare setting.
- You will learn that managing people requires skill, patience, and a level of sensitivity that enables them to pick up how people are feeling
- You will learn about the role of the manager and their responsibilities
- You will learn about Kolb’s Learning Circle
- You will learn how coaching can provide people with more skills and knowledge that enables them to take on new roles
Advantages of this course
- This course offers information about the learning cycle and learning styles, coaching and feedback – invaluable resources to those managing people
- It also introduces other parts of the role of a manager, including monitoring performance, appraising staff, and keeping them motivated
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.