This short course explores managing safeguarding at early years and childcare settings. Explore information sharing, keeping children safe in education, and working together to safeguard children. This course considers best practice for managing allegations made against your staff, and how to write safeguarding policies and procedures.
This course is suitable for managers with safeguarding responsibilities at early years or childcare settings.
- You will learn the details of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- You will learn about relevant safeguarding legislation in the UK
- You will gain an understanding of what makes some children more vulnerable to abuse and neglect
- You will be able to write, and review, your own safeguarding policies and procedures
Advantages of this course
- As a society, we have a duty to protect children and young people from harm. This is often referred to as ‘safeguarding’ and every nation will have its own laws relating to safeguarding, which cascades down to a local level. As such, it is imperative that practitioners are aware of the relevant legislation, guidance, policies and procedures, and, importantly, know how to put it in to practice. This course will help to deepen understanding of safeguarding, and provides a specific guide to multi-agency working.
- Should there be concerns over the welfare of a child, staff should be equipped with the knowledge that will enable them to not only identify signs and symptoms of abuse but act appropriately. This course suggests reading, presentations, and additional information that will provide practical information and expand knowledge.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.