Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)
Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA) is the process through which various agencies work together to protect the public by managing the risks posed by violent and sexual offenders living in the community. Working in care, you may be providing support to offenders and be included in their risk management plans. MAPPA is a part of safeguarding and this course will help you understand the process and aims, and what to do if you have concerns.
- Know the aim of MAPPA and the three groups of offenders that MAPPA applies to
- Understand management plans specific to the needs, circumstances, and offending history of the individual
- Know your role in protecting the public from the risks posed by offenders in the community, and how best to support MAPPA offenders with health needs - such as mental ill health and issues with drugs and alcohol
Advantages of this course
- All staff in a health and social care setting have a duty to safeguard adults as well as children. Care practitioners must record, report, and escalate (where appropriate) any safeguarding concerns and make sure they are compliant with the MAPPA policies and procedures. This course outlines the relevant legislation and statutory guidance. A good example of a MAPPA policy at a health care setting is included.
- The presentation section of this course explains the process and rules around sharing information about MAPPA offenders, or potential offenders
- Learning is delivered through reading materials, presentations, and videos to ensure they are accessible and suit different learning styles
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.