Numeracy and the EYFS
In this course, you will learn how to support children’s emergent mathematical development. Maths is all around us, and this course will help you find learning opportunities in daily routines and activities. Understand the mathematical skills and concepts that children should be learning from 0-7, and the adult role in this. This course is suitable for early years practitioners and parents/carers of young children.
- You will understand the role of the early years practitioner, parents and carers, and the early years setting in supporting numeracy
- You will learn some of the effective and appropriate approaches to early years mathematics
- You will understand the importance of adults having an enthusiasm for maths, and not letting negative past experiences or 'maths anxiety' influence the children in your care
Advantages of this course
- Mathematics is one of the Specific learning areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and the statutory guidance on this important learning area will be explained. If you support children aged 5-7 then the mathematics programmes of study for KS1 in England will also be outlined
- You will be able to find activities, ideas, games, and books that will support numeracy in the early years. These are broken down into suitability for the different age groups, and there are also some ideas for children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) in the Presentation section of the course. The importance of mark making to numeracy, as well as literacy, will also be explored.
- In the Good Practice Example section of the course, you will see a practitioner in a real nursery using books to reinforce mathematical skills.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.