Nutrition in the early years
This short course looks at encouraging healthy eating at a young age, and giving young children a good start in life through nutritious food and adequate hydration. You will be introduced to the components of a healthy diet, and understand the importance of portion sizes that reflect the size of the child. The course also gives practical advice on allergies and intolerances, and how to encourage fussy eaters to try new foods.
- You will be knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet
- You will understand a well-balanced meal and the importance of portion control
- You will know how to encourage children to eat healthy foods and try new things
Advantages of this course
- It is important that anyone caring for children is knowledgeable about what makes a healthy diet, from the food groups that make up a healthy diet to portion control. This course also shares practical advice and tips on promoting healthy eating from a young age.
- This course includes aspects of nutrition from weaning onwards, introduces proteins, vitamins, and minerals, and looks at the latest legislation on food allergens and guidance on menu planning for early years settings and schools
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.