This short course, aimed at those working with children and young people, is an introduction to play and learning opportunities that can be facilitated outdoors. Discover the benefits of outdoor play to a child’s life, gain ideas for activities, and understand how to encourage children to expand and develop their imaginative play outdoors. Additionally, you will learn how to review your current outdoor play provision, plan a new space, and help children to manage risk.
- You will gain an appreciation of the outdoor environment and the opportunities it offers for healthy development
- You will know how to encourage children and young people to develop their imaginative play outdoors
- You will be able to review their current outdoor play provision and identify improvements
Advantages of this course
- It is often reported that children nowadays are spending less time outside than ever before, and so this course will help practitioners to encourage children and young people to spend more time playing and exploring in a natural environment
- Discuss the benefits and necessity of outdoor play, and feel confident in passing this on to children, young people, and their families
- You will be given a number of suggested outdoor activities, along with advice for balancing risk and opportunity when planning activities
- Websites and video resources looking at outdoor play are included in this lesson
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
On successful completion of this course, you will have the option of purchasing a CACHE certificate. This certificate must not be confused with nationally regulated qualification achievement.
Disclaimer statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. CACHE has exercised reasonable care and skill in endorsing this programme, and makes no representation, express or implied, with regard to the continued accuracy of the information contained in this programme. CACHE does not accept any legal responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions from the programme or the consequences thereof.
Endorsement statement: CACHE is a trading name of NCFE (registered company number 02896700) and CACHE; Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education; and NNEB are registered trademarks owned by NCFE. These programmes have been reviewed by a Subject Specialist in childcare and are endorsed by CACHE, they are not a regulated qualification.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.