Personal and professional development
This short course is about personal development in a health and social care setting. It is aimed at practitioners who want to take steps to become a manager, and those who want to develop in their current role. Care settings can be transformed by workers who commit themselves to being the best they can be, and effective management. Learn about what makes someone a good manager, how to become one if this is your ambition, and other career paths open to care workers.
- You will consider the importance of personal development and how staff acquiring new skills and knowledge can improve a care setting
- You will understand the reasons why someone would want to become a care manager and some of the pressures and responsibilities new managers face
- You will be directed to best practice advice and guidance on the career paths open to them; information on qualifications and training will also be provided
Advantages of this course
- Some people join health and social care because they know it’s what they want and some fall into it and fin they like it. Either way, it’s too demanding and important a job not to give the future careful thought. This course will ask you to consider what you want from your current role, your personal development, whether you want to be a manager, and how far you want to go and the qualifications and training you will need to get there.
- Explore the skills and knowledge you need to be a good manager, the responsibilities of care managers, and often, the life and death decisions they have to make. It may help you make up your mind about whether to pursue a career in management and will also give you an insight into what it’s like for your manager at work.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explore personal development in more detail
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.