Personal safety for lone or remote workers
This short course is aimed at lone or remote workers and may also be of interest to those who manage staff who can be defined as such. There are health and safety risks posed by lone working and upon completion of this course, you will know how to conduct a risk assessment and respond to risks. Learn about personal safety and the ways you can protect yourself when travelling, working in a remote office, or visiting a client’s premises.
- You will understand the importance of carrying out a risk assessment before undertaking any lone or remote working and will know how to do this formally and informally
- You will know the health and safety risks posed by lone working
- The risks of work-related violence or crime can increase when you work on your own, or when travelling. This course will help you to guard against this, and should you encounter violence or crime, know how to respond.
Advantages of this course
- Accidents happen and situations arise, and you owe it to yourself and your family to make sure that you minimise risks wherever possible, and you are as prepared as you can be for a variety of situations. This course will help you to do this.
- Website and video resources are utilised to explain the information further
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
You may also be interested in our short course: Supporting remote or virtual teams
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.