Physical activity in the early years
As childcare practitioners, it’s part of our duty to do all we can to help babies and children get into the habit of being physically active and support their physical development. This course covers the benefits of exercise and mobility for young children, the national guidelines for physical activity, and strategies for promoting physical activity in the early years. It also includes accessible activities and ideas for children with SEND.
- You will know the physical activity guidelines for the under-5s age group as determined by the UK Chief Medical Officers
- You will understand some of the potential consequences of being inactive and how this can affect children into adulthood
- You will know how to keep babies and toddlers active
- You will be able to implement strategies for promoting physical activity in an early years setting
Advantages of this course
- By encouraging and creating opportunities for exercise and mobility at an early age, we’re giving children the best possible chance of developing well and becoming healthy adults. This course suggests activities, games, and opportunities for physical development in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Not all children develop at the same rate, and some children have physical disabilities that restrict movement. This course suggests accessible activities and games to keep children with SEN and disabilities active.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.