This short course, aimed at employees across a broad range of workplaces, explores the different stages of the life cycle of a project and offers guidance on each. It also presents different tools and techniques often used or discussed in project management, and looks at the different people involved in a project.
- You will be able to describe the different nature of objectives
- You will understand the four stages in a project life cycle
- You will know the different types of individuals who may be involved in a project
- You will understand the tools and techniques used in project management, such as:
Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
The Delphi technique
Critical Path Analysis (CPA), amongst others
- You will know when to mark a project as complete
- You will be able to evaluate a project once complete and know what success and failure looks like
- You will be cognizant of legal and ethical requirements when conducting projects
Advantages of this course
- When managing a project, you will be concerned with converting the objectives into distinct packages of work. The way those packages of work are then managed depends on a number of factors, such as available resources or the specific nature of the objectives. This course will guide you through this process, and will also outline the importance of the closure and evaluation stage; an often overlooked part of project management.
- Training is given through a filmed tutorial, references to websites for reading, presentations on ‘Project implementation plans’ and ‘Tools and techniques’, and a good practice video
- There is suggested extended reading to give both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
- An additional activity encourages you to reflect on your learning
You may also be interested in our short course: Event management
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.