This short course, aimed at health and social care professionals, looks at local and national guidelines for safeguarding adults. Learn about the principles of safeguarding adults, positive care provision, and person-centred care. Know how to follow safeguarding policies and procedures and understand relevant legislation.
- You will learn the importance of knowing, understanding, and following the safeguarding policies and procedures at your setting
- You will know how to protect people’s health, wellbeing, and human rights
- You will understand the definitions of abuse and neglect, and will know how to spot the signs and symptoms and be able to react appropriately
- You will understand the term ‘vulnerable person’
Advantages of this course
- The principles of safeguarding state that every person has the right to live a life free from abuse, exploitation, and neglect. It is important, therefore, that practitioners in a health and social care setting know how to work in a way that protects people from abuse and neglect.
- Should abuse or neglect be suspected, a practitioner should feel able to report concerns to relevant agencies. This course outlines the reporting process and who you can turn to for advice and guidance if you are unsure of how to proceed.
- Website and video resources are used to explain the information further
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: The Mental Capacity Act
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.