We all experience stress at some point in our lives, and for many of us, living busy lives with high pressure jobs increases our risk of experiencing stress regularly. This course helps you to understand how the body reacts to stress, how it can affect health, and most importantly, how to manage stress. This course has specific advice for health and social care practitioners, childcare practitioners, and teaching staff.
- You will understand the 3 natural reactions to stress - flight, fight, or freeze
- You will know the difference between distress and eustress
- You will know some of the ways you can manage stress, and how some minor-moderate stress can be positive
Advantages of this course
- We are living increasingly busy and challenging lives, and a lot of us have high-pressure jobs (such as health care and childcare workers) which can take a toll on our wellbeing. This course will help you understand what happens to your body when you're stressed, some of the most common stress triggers, and how to mitigate the harmful effects of stress
- This course explores helpful strategies to reduce and manage stress, and some of the harmful strategies that often make the situation worse
- You may feel like you’re not allowed to feel stressed about a happy event, like going on holiday, as people expect you to be positive and excited about it. Just remember, stress is a natural reaction and there are lots of us who would feel the same way when faced with a delayed flight or having to plan a holiday on top of a busy work schedule. You can’t change the way your body reacts in the moment, but you can manage the stress and learn from it. This course considers some of the ways we can learn from stress and use it as an opportunity for personal growth, where possible.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.