Supporting Assessment for Learning (AfL)
Assessment for Learning is a commitment to learning and progression at school - tailored to individual needs. Learn about the purpose and characteristics of AfL and how to use assessment strategies to encourage learning. Know how to support learners and encourage self-reflection, review strategies and achievement, and maintain records. This is aimed at learning support practitioners.
- You will understand the difference between formative and summative assessment
- The purpose and characteristics of AfL will be explained, as will the role of the support practitioner in assessing learner progress
- You will be able to identify opportunities for assessment and make judgements about how well learner's are doing and how much they are participating in activities
- You will be able to set personalised learning goals with learners and engage them in their learning journey
Advantages of this course
- Learning guided by assessment allows the learning to match the needs, interests, and developing skills of the learner. It allows the teacher to plan interesting and engaging lessons and activities. This in turn will encourage the learner to become involved in the development of their own learning and target setting, and improve motivation and achievement. Those supporting teachers and learners are an integral part of the assessment process – your contributions to the process are a key part of the assessment cycle. This course will help you understand your role and contribution to AfL.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.