Supporting children with Autism
More than 1 in 100 people in the UK are on the autism spectrum so it's likely that you will be supporting children with Autism in early years settings, schools, colleges, and care provisions. Learn common signs of Autism, how the condition affects children across a range of developmental areas and ages, and interventions and approaches that can help.
This course has specific advice and guidance for early years practitioners, teachers, and health and social care practitioners who work with children.
- You will know the common signs of Autism, including Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA), and gain an understanding of how the condition affects children
- You will be given approaches and strategies that can help children with their learning and development
- You will know how we can better support individuals who experience challenging behaviour
Advantages of this course
- There is no known cure for conditions on the autistic spectrum. There are, however, many useful strategies, approaches, and education programs which have been developed to help a child with a specific difficulty to improve their quality of life. This course will outline interventions, such as Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), that are recommended for children with Autism.
- This course considers how Autism can affect communication, social understanding, sensory experiences, coping with the unexpected, and abstract concepts.
- Additional activities, resources, websites, and videos encourage you to reflect on the learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.