Supporting literacy skills
This course will help you to support the literacy skills of learners in an educational setting. Learn how to identify learner needs, create targets for development, and explain the literacy demands of activities. Consider a range of strategies for developing reading, writing, and communication skills, and know how to boost self-esteem and confidence with English. This course is aimed at learning support practitioners.
- You will be able to assess literacy skills so you know how to best support each learner
- You will understand that the skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening are all interrelated, and why phonetics is used in the teaching of reading and spelling
- You will be confident enough to develop your own games and strategies for clarifying and reinforcing learning
Advantages of this course
- Some children, young people, and adults face barriers to accessing teaching and learning and may find English especially difficult. This course will explore some of these barriers, such as dyslexia and visual impairment, and suggests ways to reduce or remove them. By providing literacy support, you are an important part of ensuring all learners have an equal chance to succeed in education.
- Literacy underpins all learning in every subject area. It starts with communication skills – speaking and listening, which in turn underpin word acquisition, spelling and reading. By the end of this short course, you will have gained the knowledge and confidence that you will need to actively support literacy skills in the learning environment.
- Additional activities encourage you to reflect on your learning
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.