This short course is aimed at health and social care professionals who offer support and care for people with dementia. It would also be of benefit to someone trying to gain a better understanding of the ‘dementia journey’. Learn how to recognise and understand what dementia means, see the person and not the illness, and find ways to help people live well.
- The learner will gain an understanding of the symptoms and effects of dementia
- The learner will know how to provide caring, thoughtful, and considerate support to people at every stage of the dementia journey
- The learner will be able to advise and support the families and friends of someone with this relatively common disorder
Advantages of this course
- In the UK, about 1 in 79 of the population will be affected by dementia so it is likely you will be supporting someone with dementia in your role as a health and social care professional and as such, will need to know how to provide the best possible care and help people live well. You may also need to know how to support a friend or relative with the disorder and the advice and information contained in this course will help you to do so.
- Website and video resources are used to explore the dementia journey in more detail
- There is also suggested extra reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Laser Learning is a Skills for Care endorsed provider.
You may also be interested in our short course: Dementia: Communication
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.