Wellbeing in the early years
When you ensure a child’s wellbeing at the very earliest point, you’re giving them the best possible chance of being a confident, resilient adult. Wellbeing links to emotional development and plays a fundamental role in building relationships and communicating with others around them. Learn about how an early years setting can support a child’s wellbeing, the factors that impact on wellbeing, wellbeing and the EYFS, and building self-confidence and self-awareness.
- You will understand what is meant by ‘wellbeing’ and ‘resilience’
- You will understand the importance of encouraging wellbeing in the early years
- You will know how to develop a child’s self-esteem
- You will be given recommendations for supporting the health and wellbeing of children in the early years, including the actions that should be taken by early years settings
Advantages of this course
- A mentally healthy child is one with a clear sense of identity and self-worth, the ability to recognise and manage emotions, to learn, play, enjoy friendships and relationships, and deal with difficulties. This course highlights the factors that impact on wellbeing, both positively and negatively, and how transitions can affect wellbeing.
- The presentation section of this course considers the key aspects of wellbeing – attachment, relationships, emotional security, health, and resilience. There is an additional presentation on developing self-esteem in children.
- In the Activity section of the course, you will be given an opportunity to react to scenarios, conduct your own research into how stress can affect children, and read more about mental health problems in early childhood.
- There is also suggested extended reading that gives both practical information and links to websites to expand knowledge
Online Courses Refund Policy
By completing your registration for an Online Course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
1) Our refund policy is as follows: our cancellation period is 14 days. Any purchase cancelled within 14 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund (unless you have started the course).
2) Once you begin the course, you are no longer eligible for a full refund, even if you ask for a refund within 14 days of payment.
3) Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund.
4) All refund requests should be sent to email@example.com
5) Any refund will take up to 30 days to process.